[dpdk-dev] DPDK & BPF

deco33000 Jog deco33000 at yandex.com
Fri Jan 23 15:34:26 CET 2015

Hello,

I would like your opinion.

I try to fill a "little" 1 Gbps link. In my testing environment, I have no smart card able to parse the headers for me.

So by design, i am slow. But fast enough for that link.

But, is it easy to put a filter like BPF on top of DPDK ? I am not sure where to start to make this happen.
In my understanding, bpf will read the nic's raw packets and apply the filters and let them flow to the socket.
That avoids copy to the socket and should increase overall performance.

Where to put dpdk ? right after the filtering, but how to coordinate them ?
This is the point I miss.

Even better, maybe DPDK has a filtering feature (not seen in the doc)?

Thanks