[dpdk-dev] deadline for 2.0 features proposal

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Wed Jan 28 22:40:32 CET 2015

Hello all,

As previously announced when releasing DPDK 1.8.0
(http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-December/010470.html),
we are going to apply deadlines to schedule the release cycles.

The version 2.0 will integrate only features submitted before
end of January (end of this week) and reviewed before 20th February.
More details on this page:
	http://dpdk.org/dev/roadmap#dates

During the 2nd phase ("Review Period"), only pending features, fixes
and highly desirable cleanups will be accepted.

In case there are some volunteers to clean the code, I maintain a list
of cleanups which could be interesting:
	- use Rx/Tx defaults in testpmd
	- use librte_cfgfile in examples/qos_sched (promised deduplication)
	- use rte_eth_dev_atomic_read_link_status in PMDs
	- use new assert macros for unit tests
	- convert all drivers to new filtering API
	- move non-ethernet API from ethdev to EAL
	- move RTE_MBUF_DATA_DMA_ADDR from all PMDs to a common place
	- move rte_rxmbuf_alloc in API
	- move queue_stats_mapping_set to ixgbe
	- move rte_cache_aligned at beginning of struct declarations
	- detect cache line size
	- remove old VMDQ API
	- remove old filtering API
	- remove Xen ifdefs in memory management
	- remove doxygen warnings
	- choose between RTE_LIBRTE_*_PMD and RTE_LIBRTE_PMD_*

Thank you
--
Thomas