[dpdk-dev] RTM instruction compile failure for XABORT when AVX is active

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Wed Jul 1 06:28:18 CEST 2015

On Jun 29, 2015, at 3:19 AM, Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com> wrote:
> There is no such bug with my compiler:
> 	clang version 3.6.1 (tags/RELEASE_361/final)
> 	Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>
> Matthew, which version are you using?

Hi Thomas and Roman,

It seems to happen if I have set -mavx in CFLAGS with clang 1:3.4-1ubuntu3.

I get a different issue that only shows up at runtime in clang 3.6.2-svn240577-1~exp1:

ERROR: This system does not support "FSGSBASE".
Please check that RTE_MACHINE is set correctly.

It appears I probably need to learn how to do a better job on my EXTRA_CFLAGS. Do we have some recommendations what should be used on the different Intel CPUs to avoid build issues but still get the best performance? This would help a lot.

Matthew.