[dpdk-dev] Using the testpmd app & ixgbe driver on 540-Twinville, cannot configure rxq > 1

Navneet Rao navneet.rao at oracle.com
Fri Jul 10 22:57:42 CEST 2015

Hello:

Couple of questions for the 540-Twinville & "testpmd" app:

1.       How do I specify multiple receive queues/port -

Used the command line option -rxq=2 and get this error..

*******************

Fail: nb_rxq(2) is greater than max_rx_queues(1)

EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1

  Cause: FAIL from init_fwd_streams()

***************************

                Orelse, if I specify rxq=1 on command line and try to configure within the app by using

                the "port config all rxq 2", I get the same error..as above.

Is there something missing here!!!

2.       If I use the igb_uio (dpdk driver), I am able to configure rxq >1.

My configuration: loopback cable between port0 and port1

Question a: How do I generate TX packets with multiple MAC address..?

I did this -- "mac_addr add 0 00:00:00:AA:BB:CC" as an additional MAC address (left the default as is)

                Can I assume that the TX of port0 will now generate Ethernet frames with 2 different MAC addresses?

                Frames with the default SMAC address, and frames with the MAC-address specified above?

                Can I use these MAC address as a classifier (using ethertype_filter), to steer frames to queues 0 & 1?

Thanks

-Navneet