[dpdk-dev] clang build failing in v2.0.0 from poisoned symbols

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Fri Jun 19 05:37:46 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I am getting some odd behavior compiling the DPDK v2.0.0 tag with clang:

/* deprecated options */
#pragma GCC poison RTE_MBUF_SCATTER_GATHER
#pragma GCC poison RTE_MBUF_REFCNT

In file included from dpdk/lib/librte_mbuf/rte_mbuf.c:58:

dpdk/lib/librte_mbuf/rte_mbuf.h:68:20: error: poisoning existing macro [-Werror]

So I was reading about all of this and it was clear what poisoning is for, but
it wasn't as clear what I should do about this error on the clang side. I
tried searching the archive for "clang poison" but I didn't get much.

Any advice for this?

Thanks,
Matthew