[dpdk-dev] Filtration Statistics for VLAN filters(ixgbe)

Kamraan Nasim knasim at sidebandnetworks.com
Wed Mar 11 17:55:03 CET 2015

Hello,

I am trying to implement VLAN filters in DPDK on 82599 NIC(Niantic)

I've been using *rte_eth_dev_vlan_filter(port, vlanID, 1)* which seems to
be working however I would like to see some actual packet filtration
statistics.

 In the case of 5tuple IPv4 filters where I was redirecting to queueX, I
could see the filter working by looking at q_errors[X} in rte_eth_stats
struct.

Is there anything in *rte_eth_stats* that can be used to see VLAN filtering
stats or anything else out there?

Greatly appreciate any help in this department :)

Thanks,
Kam