[dpdk-dev] Inputs needed - testing l2fwd

Shankari Vaidyalingam shankari.v2k6 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 19:55:42 CET 2015

I'm trying to run sample DPDK  applications by injecting packets from an
external traffic generator.
I'm not able to get the frames to reach the RX queue of the corresponding
port and make the PMD detect those packets and get the application process
them.

My configuration is:

 I'm using Oracle VirtualBox to have 2 virtual network adapters for use in
the sample application. I have configured both the network adapters in the
"Bridged Networking" mode.
When I open the VM I can see the interfaces - eth0 and eth1
I bound the 2 interfaces to igb_uio driver and then configured the hugepage
mapping.
When I try sending the frames from an external source I had set the dest
MAC to the MAC addr of the ports bound to DPDK.
But still I'm not able to see either the "Frames received" or "Frames
dropped" count getting incremented.

I tried googling and tried various options for networking mode as
(Bridged/Host Only...) but none of them seem to work fine.

I'm sure that I'm missing something.
Can you please help me in this regard.

Regards
Shankari.V