[dpdk-dev] Intel fortville not working with multi-segment

Nissim Nisimov NissimN at Radware.com
Sun May 10 21:48:03 CEST 2015

Hi,

can someone assist regarding this issue?

Is it a known limitation in i40e/dpdk (no support for multi-segment)?

Thx
Nissim

-----Original Message-----
From: dev [mailto:dev-bounces at dpdk.org] On Behalf Of Nissim Nisimov
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 5:44 PM
To: 'dev at dpdk.org'
Subject: [dpdk-dev] Intel fortville not working with multi-segment

Hi,

I am trying to work with Intel Fortville (XL710) NICs in Passthrough mode from a VM running dpdk app.

First I didn't have any TX traffic from the VM, I got dpdk patch for this issue and it fixed it. (http://www.dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/4588/)

But now I see that when trying to run multi-segment traffic not all the packets reaching the VM (I tested it on bare metal as well and saw the same issue)

Is it a known issue? any workaround for it?

Thanks,
Nissim