[dpdk-dev] freeing memzone

Harish Patil harish.patil at qlogic.com
Thu May 21 18:59:27 CEST 2015

Hello dpdk-dev,

I understand that the reserved memzones cannot be freed, as mentioned in
the DPDK specs. But I would like to know why? Is there any limitations?
If the memory is not freed/returned, then can it be reused for subsequent
allocations without re-init (i.e. with same memzone name)?
We use it for allocating DMA’ble memory.

Secondly, there was a related discussion on this in the following email
thread:
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-July/004456.html

Do we plan to incorporate that changes?

Thanks,
Harish

This message and any attached documents contain information from the sending company or its parent company(s), subsidiaries, divisions or branch offices that may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message.