[dpdk-dev] i40e: disabling flow control makes XL710 NIC discard all packets

Martin Weiser martin.weiser at allegro-packets.com
Wed Nov 4 11:17:24 CET 2015

Hi Helin,

I have been doing some tests with the current DPDK master to see if the
issues we had with performance and statistics have improved.
In our own applications we usually disable flow control using the
following code:

struct rte_eth_fc_conf fc_conf = { .mode = RTE_FC_NONE };
int ret = rte_eth_dev_flow_ctrl_set(port_id, &fc_conf);

In DPDK 2.1 this did not cause any problems with XL710 NICs but with the
current master the NIC will not receive any packets and they are all
counted in ierrors and imissed.
The return value of rte_eth_dev_flow_ctrl_set does not indicate an error
so it seems like something is going wrong here.

Regards,
Martin