[dpdk-dev] How can I calculate/estimate pps(packet per seocond) and bps(bit per second) in DPDK pktg

Kyle Larose eomereadig at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 14:13:52 CET 2015

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 6:28 PM, Stephen Hemminger
<stephen at networkplumber.org> wrote:

> No. configuration is the enemy of usability.
> Why does DPDK have to behave differently than BSD and Linux, what possible
> value could this be to the end user?

I honestly can't think of any good reasons for why a user would need
this. I figured it'd be worth asking to see if anyone thought it would
be. I guess not. :P

I'm still concerned about NICs which may not support disabling CRC
counting, but there's no need to clutter the ethdev API with an extra
attribute without a clear example of such a NIC.