[dpdk-dev] Permanently binding NIC ports with DPDK drivers

Montorsi, Francesco fmontorsi at empirix.com
Wed Nov 11 17:59:14 CET 2015

Hi Bruce,

I agree... let's see if somebody else has suggestions :)

In any case my idea is to make my software as much independent as possible from troubles with future HW and future DPDK versions. A way to do that would be to leave all the bind steps and intelligence inside the dpdk_nic_bind.py script and just use that (since it will be probably always up to date and correct). My only concern is that (reading the python code) dpdk_nic_bind.py script does not return with an error code != 0 if something bad happens during binding... maybe it may be worth doing such a small change...

Just my 2 cents,
Francesco