[dpdk-dev] i40e SRIOV and dpdk

Serguei Bezverkhi (sbezverk) sbezverk at cisco.com
Fri Oct 2 18:40:37 CEST 2015

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has tested and managed to get working the following scenario:

Host with 2 NIC: 1 Niantic 82599  and 1 Fortville i40e, both NICs configured with 8 VFs. There are two VMs running on this host, each VM has two SRIOV interfaces 1 for each type (Niantic based VF and Fortville based VF). An application inside of VM uses dpdk for packet forwarding and SRIOV interfaces are bound to dpdk 2.0.  Unicast connectivity between VMs via Niantic based SRIOV works, but fails over Fortville based SRIOV. Application uses the same DPDK API to initialize SRIOV interfaces. When interfaces in VM are converted to use ixgbevf and i40evf kernel drivers, connectivity works for both types of VF.  Clearly there is a particularity on i40e dpdk driver.

I would greatly appreciate some feedback.

Thank you

Serguei