[dpdk-dev] Can the dpdk pktgen check the sequence of received packets?

Wiles, Keith keith.wiles at intel.com
Wed Oct 7 16:42:23 CEST 2015

―
Regards,
++Keith Wiles

Intel Corporation

On 10/7/15, 9:39 AM, "dev on behalf of 최익성" <dev-bounces at dpdk.org on
behalf of pnk003 at naver.com> wrote:

>Dear DPDK experts.
>
>Thank you very much for your excellent efforts and contributions.
>
>I am studying dpdk pktgen.
>
>I have a question about sequence checking for received packets in pktgen.
>
>Can the dpdk pktgen check the sequence of received TCP packets?
>
>Is there any wise way to check the sequence of UDP packets?
>
>If it is possible, would you let me know how can I use it?
>
>I will really appreciate for your precious answers and advices.

Hi Ick-Sung Choi, I am afraid Pktgen can not do what you want currently,
except you could capture the packet into a buffer and view it with
wireshark or some pcap based tool. The packet rate for capture packets can
be pretty small and slow.

If you would like to improve Pktgen and send a patch it would be a good
thing to add.

Regards,
++Keith