[dpdk-dev] Accurate timestamps in received packets

Mcnamara, John john.mcnamara at intel.com
Mon Oct 12 10:35:06 CEST 2015

Hi,

IEEE1588 isn't suitable for this. It is a timesync protocol rather than a timestamping function.

AFAIK, timestamping of every packet isn't supported by ixgbe/i40e nics and I don't know about non-Intel nics. It was supported for some(?) igb nics and hence the patch you linked to. Also, there isn't any DPDK API to enable/disable it even if it is supported by the nic.

John