[dpdk-dev] Question about unsupported transceivers

Alex Forster alex at alexforster.com
Thu Oct 15 16:46:29 CEST 2015

On 10/13/15, 4:34 PM, "Alexander Duyck" <alexander.duyck at gmail.com> wrote:

>If you are using Intel's out-of-tree ixgbe driver I believe the module
>parameters are comma separated with one index per port.  So if you have
>two ports you should be passing "allow_unsupported_sfp=1,1", and for 4
>you would need four '1's.

This seemed very promising. I compiled and installed the out of tree ixgbe
driver and set the option in /etc/modprobe.d/ixgbe.conf. dmesg shows all
eight "allow_unsupported_sfp enabled" messages but the last four ports
still error out with the unsupported SFP message when running the tests.

Before I start arbitrarily trying to patch out parts of the SFP
verification code in ixgbe, are there any other tips I should know?

Alex Forster