[dpdk-dev] I have a problem in setting up DPDK 2.1.0 in Fedora OS release 20 (Heisenbug). I cannot r

최익성 pnk003 at naver.com
Fri Oct 16 01:46:45 CEST 2015

Dear John Manamara and DPDK experts.

Thank you very much for your precious advice and answer.

I will try to upgrade the OS.

I really appreciate to you for your excellent work and great contributions.

Sincerely Yours,

Ick-Sung Choi.

> Fedora OS release 20 (Heisenbug). I cannot r

> I checked what you mentioned.

> * Fedora Linux kernel version is as follows.

>      $ uname -r (print kernel name)

>      3.17.7-200.fc20.x86_64

Hi,

This may be a known issue. See:

http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/rel_notes/known_issues.html#devices-bound-to-igb-uio-with-vt-d-enabled-do-not-work-on-linux-kernel-3-15-3-17

"Devices bound to igb_uio with VT-d enabled do not work on Linux kernel 3.15-3.17

    When VT-d is enabled (iommu=pt intel_iommu=on), devices are 1:1 mapped. In the Linux kernel unbinding devices from drivers removes that mapping which result in IOMMU errors. Introduced in Linux kernel 3.15 commit, solved in Linux kernel 3.18 commit."

John