[dpdk-dev] dpdk pre-patch testing introduction

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Thu Oct 29 17:30:37 CET 2015

2015-10-29 15:19, Liu, Yong:
> So far, we only enabled one platform to run automatic testing.
> This platform installed Fedora 20 with Linux 3.18.9 and Intel Niantic NIC.

Thanks for offering this service.

> Currently the patch testing only run unit test and basic function test on this platform.
> It can make sure that new patch doesn't break original code and functions.
> Due to coverage limitation, it can't verify the functionality of new patch.
> If you want to verify your patch's new function, you need to check with tester and perform specific testing on it.
>
> Since platform limitation, we are not able to verify regression test on other NIC, Linux kernel.
> We plan to add more platforms and support different NIC and kernels in the future.

The mailing list for test report is open to others.
Submitters are white-listed.
Feel free to contribute with your own tests on your own platform.

Some work is ongoing to track the test results from patchwork.
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/patchwork/2015-July/001363.html
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/patchwork/2015-July/001369.html