[dpdk-dev] Broken RSS hash computation on Intel 82574L

Martin Drašar drasar at ics.muni.cz
Tue Sep 1 16:37:18 CEST 2015

Dne 1.9.2015 v 15:45 De Lara Guarch, Pablo napsal(a):
> 82574L NIC uses em PMD, which does not support more than 1 queue.
> Therefore RSS is disabled in the NIC and then you cannot have RSS hashes.
>
> Thanks,
> Pablo

Hi Pablo,

that is an interesting information. I read the rationale in em_ethdev.c
and I was wondering, what would have to be done to enable RSS hash
computation on that card. I can live with just one RX queue, but hashes
would help me a lot. The computer which is using those NICs is not that
powerful and every bit of offloaded computation counts...

Thanks,
Martin