[dpdk-dev] Compiling MLX4 Support into 2.1.0

Adrien Mazarguil adrien.mazarguil at 6wind.com
Fri Sep 11 21:09:07 CEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 09:51:19AM -0700, Nathan Speulda wrote:
> Thank you for the response,
>
> I followed all of the documentation before I came to the forum on this
> one.  OFED is installed and working correctly with all drivers loaded.  I
> get to the point of compiling dpdk with support enabled and nothing appears
> to come out during the compile (for mlx4 which is included in the
> .config).  My interfaces are not being seen by the PMD though I am aware it
> works differently than the base supported adapters.

I understand you do not see anything like the following lines while DPDK is
being compiled?

 == BUILD drivers/net/mlx4
   CC mlx4.o
   AR librte_pmd_mlx4.a
   INSTALL-LIB librte_pmd_mlx4.a

If you don't, something is wrong in your .config, perhaps you haven't
edited the right one? Depending on your target, DPDK may generate another
with default options in an unexpected place and use it instead of your own.

Otherwise, I suggest following Olga's advice, your ports may not be in the
right mode (IB instead of Ethernet), or you're using the wrong kernel
modules in which case mlx4 usually complains during startup.

This is only a guess, please provide compilation, program (testpmd?) startup
logs and the related command line if it still doesn't work.

--
Adrien Mazarguil
6WIND