[dpdk-dev] IXGBE error statistics

Igor Ryzhov iryzhov at arccn.ru
Thu Sep 17 23:23:35 CEST 2015

Hello everyone.

Investigating IXGBE driver I found an mspdc counter (MAC Short Packet Discard). And I am wondering why this counter is not used in the calculation of total RX errors (ierrors field in rte_eth_stats structure). Is it already a part of another counter, for example, rlec (Receive Length Error)? Or is it a bug?

Another one question is about incompleteness of rte_eth_stats structure. IXGBE and other drivers have a lot of counters but only a part of them is represented in rte_eth_stats. Is there any valuable reasons for that or it's just not implemented?

Best regards,
Igor Ryzhov