[dpdk-dev] getting pointer for struct ixgbe_hw

Ananyev, Konstantin konstantin.ananyev at intel.com
Mon Sep 21 17:27:39 CEST 2015

It is not really a device parameters - what you listed is a set of supported mailbox commands.
Basically mailbox is reserved for communication between PF/VF and you don't need to send this commands via maibox to PF directly.
This is done inside PMD .

Let say when you call rte_eth_dev_default_mac_addr_set() for ixgbe VF it would cause:
rte_eth_dev_default_mac_addr_set()
   ->ixgbevf_set_default_mac_addr()
       -> hw->mac.ops.set_rar()
           -> ixgbe_set_rar_vf()
               ->send IXGBE_VF_SET_MAC_ADDR message to PF via mailbox and wait for response.

Konstantin