[dpdk-dev] DPDK namespace

Trahe, Fiona fiona.trahe at intel.com
Tue Apr 5 16:13:28 CEST 2016

I don't have an opinion on how important it is to fix the namespace, though it does seem like a good idea.
However if it's to be done, in my opinion it should be completed quickly or will just cause more confusion.
So if rte_cryptoxxx becomes dpdk_cryptoxxx all other libraries should follow in next release or two, with
the resulting ABI compatibility handling. Maybe with dual naming handled for several releases, but a
clear end date when all are converted.
Else there will be many years with a mix of rte_ and dpdk_