[dpdk-dev] [RFC] scripts: make load-devel-config not to appear as executable

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Wed Aug 3 10:11:32 CEST 2016

sorry, I accidentally dropped dev list in one of my replies, readding.

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 11:29 PM, Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com>
wrote:

> executable
> > >
> > > Hmmm, it is still a file containing some shell commands, right?
> > > So why removing the .sh extension?
> > >

> > I wanted to discuss on #dpdk today, but everyone seemed busy today.
> > So I expected the discussion on file extension to come up on the patch
> > submission - which is fine and just as it should be.
> >
> > My reasoning was primarily to discourage people to think to call it.
>
> I think it is the contrary: the executable files for users have no
> extension.

I totally understand that for commands in the path, but that doesn't count
here.
Could we have anybodies opinion as a tie breaker so I can submit a v2
without RFC then?

P.S. I understand there was no objection on changing the file mode - which
might be quite unobvious in the diff?

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server