[dpdk-dev] tx_burst errors seen with virtual pmds

Dey, Souvik sodey at sonusnet.com
Thu Jan 7 07:15:02 CET 2016

Hi All,
                While trying call load with virtio_pmd/vmxnet3_pmd , I am seeing  that at around 100Mbps, we are having tx_burst errors. We are currently using DPDK 2.1 and send 1 packet at a time. When we try the same with ixgbe_vf we are not seeing similar drops. Is there any issues with the virtual pmds which is causing  this tx drops. We are using tx descriptor as 1024 and 1 tx queue to send out packets.

Souvik