[dpdk-dev] simplest way to prioritize one of 128 Tx queues

Lavanya Jose lavanya.jose at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 04:47:04 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to implement a scheme that dedicates a high priority Tx
queue for low-latency control traffic and up to 100 other rate-limited
Tx queues for lower priority data traffic. There are only two
priorities involved here. What would be the simplest setting on the Tx
side?

 Do I need to use the DCB or VT modes or can I simply go with DCB off,
VT off but set the RTTDT1C register (credits to refill for queue after
each round by arbiter?) for the high priority queue to a large number
of credits relative to other queues?

I want to be fair across all the 100 lower priority queues and I was
worried that putting them in different traffic classes will prioritize
one queue over another.

Let me know if you have any thoughts, I'm just getting started with DPDK.

Thank you,
Lavanya