[dpdk-dev] xstats performance

Remy Horton remy.horton at intel.com
Wed Jun 29 18:03:38 CEST 2016

'noon,

On 29/06/2016 16:38, Olivier MATZ wrote:
[..]

> And assume that the id field in rte_eth_xstat corresponds to
> the index in the rte_eth_xstat_name table?

It was an assumption I wanted to avoid setting in stone, even though at
the moment it is actually true in implementation.

The mappings are driver-specific but I wanted to leave open, amoung
other things, the possibility of string-id mappings being standardised
across all drivers. For that to work drivers would have to be able to
use a set of ids that may contain gaps.

..Remy