[dpdk-dev] Clarification on latency at NIC line rate..

Saravana Kumar maheshmcc39 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:35:09 CET 2016

Hi DPDK community,

      I have been experimenting with dpdk eth_tx send on ixgbe pmd (82599 NIC)
      I am seeing the following behavior
         When i pass 1500 bytes at 9.99GB traffic -- latency looks
fine (25 microseconds)
         but when i pass 1500 bytes hitting 10GB traffic(line rate)
-- latency spikes (160 microseconds) and stays forever
         once the traffic returns back to 9.99GB traffic latency also
returns back to normal (25 microseconds)

      Is this expected behaviour ?  Is there any way to reduce the 160
microseconds line rate issue.  Thanks Team

Regards,

Saravanan