[dpdk-dev] multi-segment mbuf

Clarylin L clearasu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 00:34:50 CET 2016

I am trying multi-segment mbuf, but it seems not working.

On my target host, the mbuf size is set to 2048 and I am trying to send
large packet to it (say 2500 bytes without fragmentation) from another
host. I enabled both jumbo_frame and enable_scatter for the port. But I saw
on the target only one mbuf is received with data_len equal to 2500 (it's
supposed to be a two-mbuf chain).  Although mbuf itself is not working as
expected, ping between two hosts succeeded (large ping size; no
fragmentation).

1. my mbuf size is only 2048. how can it support receiving such large
packet in one mbuf?

2.how to make it work as expected (enable multi-segment mbuf and receive
using mbuf chain when needed)?

Appreciate your help.