[dpdk-dev] DPDK's vhost-user logging capability

shesha Sreenivasamurthy (shesha) shesha at cisco.com
Wed Mar 23 16:34:09 CET 2016

Hi All,

I was going over vhost-user migration capability in DPDK in lieu of a Cisco's multi-q DPDK vhost-user application. I see that log_base address is implemented as per virtio_net device. However, desc, addr and used is per vhost_virtqueue. Additionally, QEMU sends one VHOST_USER_SET_LOG_BASE per queue-pair (QEMU - hw/virtio/vhost.c::vhost_dev_set_log).

Does it mean we need to log dirty pages of all rings to same location ? If that is the case then why does QEMU sends separate VHOST_USER_SET_LOG_BASE per queue pair ?

--
- Thanks
char * (*shesha) (uint64_t cache, uint8_t F00D)