[dpdk-dev] Question about cd10c42eb5bc ("mem: fix ivshmem freeing")

Mauricio Vásquez mauricio.vasquezbernal at studenti.polito.it
Wed Mar 30 11:13:14 CEST 2016

Hi Anatoly,

Thank you very much, I did not take into account that detail.

I have two additional concerns about it:

1. I think it is possible to have a race condition. The memzone is marked
as not freeable after it has been added to the ivshmem device, then it is
possible to free the memzone just after it has been  added to the metadata
but before it is marked as not freeable.
Shouldn't the memzone be marked before adding the memzone to the ivshmem
device?

2. Are the #ifdefs necessary?, we already are in  a file that will only
compiled when ivshmem is enabled.

Thanks,

Mauricio Vasquez,