[dpdk-dev] mbuf changes

Bruce Richardson bruce.richardson at intel.com
Tue Oct 25 13:13:57 CEST 2016

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 01:04:44PM +0200, Adrien Mazarguil wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 12:11:04PM +0200, Morten Brørup wrote:
> > Comments inline.
> >
> > Med venlig hilsen / kind regards
> > - Morten Brørup

I would tend to agree, and I don't really see any convenient way to
avoid putting in a 64-bit field for the timestamp in cache-line 0. If we
are ok with having this overlap/partially overlap with sequence number,
it will use up an extra 4B of storage in that cacheline. However,
nb_segs may be a good candidate for demotion, along with possibly the
port value, or the reference count.

/Bruce