[dpdk-dev] Loading external PMD

faust1002 faust1002 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 12:21:25 CEST 2016

Hello,
I want to write my own PMD for testing and debugging purposes. I
compiled it as shared library and I was going to load it using "-d"
option. Unfortunately, it didn't work.
I walked through DPDK source code I found out that "-d" options does
hardly anything (please correct me if I am wrong). Could you explain me
what was initial purpose of "-d" option?
If the option is obsolete / not implemented / whatever, this information
should be placed in documentation. Current description is IHMO misleading.
I wonder if there is any other way of using my own PMD expect linking
binary with it.
Best regards