[dpdk-dev] LPM6 next hop size

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Wed Sep 21 19:29:05 CEST 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 10:11:04PM +0200, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Please, will you help reviewing this patch?

Sure.

1. It adds a dependency on libbsd on Linux: bsd/sys/tree.h. Is this an
expected dependency of DPDK already? I use it in my code but not sure it's
expected for everybody else.

2. Some of the tabbing of the new code seems not right. Probably need to
recheck the indentation settings.

3. The comment formatting of the new code is a bit odd. Continued lines in /*
... */ in DPDK should have * on them I think.

4. It also contains some vendor specific comments like "/* Vyatta change to
use red-black tree */". That's probably not needed if it's going into normal
DPDK.

5. It uses "malloc" instead of standard DPDK allocators. That's bad for me
because I don't want to use libc malloc in my code. Only DPDK allocators and
jemalloc.

6. I don't see any updates to the unit test stuff. Don't we need new tests for
the changes to deletion and re-insertion of rules and the changes in the tbl8
allocation.

7. Some of us previous submitted code to expand LPM4 and LPM6 to 24 bit next
hop but the current code is only doing 16 bit. This is not pleasant for me
because I really need the 24-bit support. When can we make this happen?

Matthew.