[dpdk-dev] vfio: failed to select IOMMU type

Burakov, Anatoly anatoly.burakov at intel.com
Tue Apr 4 18:20:09 CEST 2017

Hi Andrew,

> Please, take a look at http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/23202/

I took a quick look. It should fix the problem (closing the group will cause container detachment, so we can always assume that if there's no container associated with the group, there are no devices within that group). The issue of vfio_release_device() still remains. I think the fix for that would closely follow what you did here: close the dev_fd, check if the group still has a container associated with it, and if not, close the group_fd and clear the group.

I cannot thoroughly test it right this moment, however I'll have time later during the week.

Thanks,
Anatoly