[dpdk-dev] cuckoo hash in dpdk

Pragash Vijayaragavan pxv3620 at rit.edu
Wed Aug 23 16:15:37 CEST 2017

Hi,

I got the chance to look at the cuckoo hash used in dpdk and have a query.

would using division and modulo operations be slower than bitwise
operations on RTE_HASH_BUCKET_ENTRIES, specially since
RTE_HASH_BUCKET_ENTRIES is a power of 2.
For example, to do a modulo we can do a "AND" operation on
(RTE_HASH_BUCKET_ENTRIES - 1), which might be faster. We did a cuckoo
filter for VPP and doing this gave a slight improvement in speed.
Is there any particular reason its done this way.

Sorry if i am being wrong in any way, i was just curious.

Thanks,

Pragash Vijayaragavan
Grad Student at Rochester Institute of Technology
email : pxv3620 at rit.edu
ph : 585 764 4662