[dpdk-dev] Minutes of technical board meeting 2017-12-06

Jay Rolette rolette at infinite.io
Tue Dec 12 19:30:11 CET 2017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Richardson, Bruce <
bruce.richardson at intel.com> wrote:

> Topic: Management of old patches in patchwork
> * Unanimous agreement that old patches should be rejected in patchwork
>   after a reasonable period, set initially at 3 releases (9 months).
> * After a release, all patches dated older than 3 releases previously,
>   e.g. after 17.11, any patches submitted before the release of 17.02,
>   will be marked as rejected and a mail reply sent to the appropriate
>   mailing list thread informing people of the same.
> * To have patches reconsidered for future inclusion, a new version of
>   the patches should be submitted to the mailing list.

Does this mean there is a commitment to act on submitted patches in a
timely manner? Maybe this is better now, but at least in the past, even
small patches to fix bugs would sit around with no action on them for 6+
months.

It's been a while since I submitted any patches, so if this isn't an issue
now, then nevermind :-)

Jay