[dpdk-dev] seg fault in InterVM communication using virtio

mitali mitaliyada at cse.iitb.ac.in
Wed Feb 22 09:55:29 CET 2017

Hi Yuanhan,

We are using virt-manager to start the VMs. We are attaching the image
which shows the vNIC setup for the VMs.

We have written our own dpdk application to send and receive UDP
packets. The command we are using is

*./build/app/dpdkapi -c 1 -- -p 1* where dpdkapi is our application.

Inside the application we are sending and receiving packets from vNIC
using rte_eth_tx_burst() and rte_eth_rx_burst().

At the sender side after 127 packets the application stops and we
observe a seg fault in dmesg. Using the print statements we observed
that it faults in rte_eth_tx_burst(). All the 127 were received at the
receiving VM.

Thanks,

Mitali