[dpdk-dev] librte_power w/ intel_pstate cpufreq governor

Threqn Peng phyorat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 06:56:48 CET 2017

Hey guys,

    I have the same problem which have been discussed in January
2016(*http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-January/031374.html
<http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-January/031374.html>*), about intel
cpu scaling frequency control in linux user space. But it seems no more
progress/solution relate to this problem until now.

    I also checked the example code:"L3 Forwarding with Power Management
Sample Application" in newest dpdk version (17.02) , no update yet.

    Is it true that, newer cpufreq driver p-state only support two
control-mode: "performance" and "powersave", and we can't do any more about
cpu working frequency control, for power-saving?

    Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Peng