[dpdk-dev] drops while transmitting to the kni using rte_kni_tx_burst()

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Tue Jan 17 18:49:13 CET 2017

On 1/17/2017 12:34 PM, Shirley Avishour wrote:
> Hi,
> can the KNI_KTHREAD_RESCHEDULE_INTERVAL decrease to lower values than 5
> usecs?? is it effective at all?

You are right, it may not be since metric is usecs, and
usecs_to_jiffies() most probably will give same value for 5 and lower.

Removing that sleep completely (CONFIG_RTE_KNI_PREEMPT_DEFAULT=n) helps
a little.

> and what is the purpose of KNI_RX_LOOP_NUM? I am not sure I understand
> what it does and what should I do with it to improve the performance.

Increasing the loop number, also increases the work/sleep ratio, and
increasing the performance a little.