[dpdk-dev] RX/TX call back

Sridhar Pitchai sridhar.pitchai at outlook.com
Fri Jan 20 18:11:51 CET 2017

Hi,

    I am trying to implement IP pipeline for the slowpath (punt to CPU path) for a forwarding vendor chip. I have a TX/RX call back registered for packets punted to CPU from the vendor chip. I want to implement a driver which will be putting the packet into the dpdk eth RX/TX ring buffer.

I would like to know what is the best way to do this.

** I was looking into vmxnet3 driver and modifying it with the tx/rx call back. I have the *.ko which is set with my call backs, but since i don;t have the PCI bus involved here at all, I am not  able to invoke the driver.

Kindly let me know the design choices we have here.

Thanks

Sridhar Pitchai