[dpdk-dev] TX descriptor is not done

Alexander Kiselev kiselev99 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 13:51:08 CEST 2017

Hi.

Exсume me for bothering you here in the dev list. I was trying to get some help in the users list, but the only answer I got suggested to post here.

I am facing "TX descriptor is not done" problem that appears when I am using two i40e ports (x710-da2 nic) as slave ports of a bonding (lacp mode) port. Before I switched to using the bonding driver my application had been working for weeks without any problems. But now it works ok only for hours or days and then one of the tx queues stops transmitting packets. Last time tx queue number 2 (of total 5) failed on both slave ports at the same time.

What could cause that behavior?

Thank you.

--
Alex Kiselev