[dpdk-dev] Service lcores and Application lcores

Jerin Jacob jerin.jacob at caviumnetworks.com
Fri Jun 30 15:20:55 CEST 2017

-----Original Message-----
> Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 13:08:26 +0000
> From: "Van Haaren, Harry" <harry.van.haaren at intel.com>
> To: Jerin Jacob <jerin.jacob at caviumnetworks.com>
> CC: "Richardson, Bruce" <bruce.richardson at intel.com>, "dev at dpdk.org"
>  <dev at dpdk.org>, "thomas at monjalon.net" <thomas at monjalon.net>, "Wiles,
>  Keith" <keith.wiles at intel.com>

The above use case can be realized like --lcores='(0-1)@1'(Two lcore on
an physical core). I believe, application writers never want to write a
code based on specific number of cores available in the system. If they
do then they will be stuck on running on another environment and too
many combination to address.

For me it complicates service lcore usage. But someone think, it will useful then
I don't have strong objection.