[dpdk-dev] seg fault in InterVM communication using virtio

mitali mitaliyada at cse.iitb.ac.in
Wed Mar 1 14:50:37 CET 2017

Hi,

We have some doubt regarding virtio front end. As we are running dpdk
application inside VM with virtio setup, do we need to use virtio
specific functions like virtio_recv_pkts() and virtio_xmit_pkts() to
receive and transmit packets, functions for port initialization like
virtio_dev_queue_setup()? If yes, we are unable to find any application
which uses these functions. Can you provide us some pointers on examples
which uses these functions.

Thanks,
Mitali