[dpdk-dev] rte_malloc_heap usage scenario

Yerden Zhumabekov e_zhumabekov at sts.kz
Thu Mar 9 05:48:34 CET 2017

Hello,

Can anybody explain why rte_malloc_heap.h is advertised as a public
interface? It only contains malloc_heap struct which is used internally
and violates DPDK naming conventions for public struct. I haven't found
any use of it outside of EAL and it's undocumented. If it is in fact
public, will it continue to be?

I'd like to use it (and some code in librte_eal/common) for region-based
allocation in a secondary process for easy memory reclamation in case of
failure. Is it safe to reuse malloc_heap struct?

--

Yerden Zhumabekov