[dpdk-dev] active_backup link bonding and mac address

Kyle Larose klarose at sandvine.com
Fri May 12 21:02:58 CEST 2017

Thanks for the suggestion. I modified mac_address_slaves_update to add the link
bond's mac address to all slaves in addition to setting their mac. Previously it
would only set the link bond's mac on the primary, and not add it to the hw.
This has solved my problem. On failure of the primary, my application starts
working via the backup seamlessly.

Now, I'm not sure if what I have done is ideal -- should we only be installing it
on the primary, and removing it from the old primary on failure? Either way, let
me know if you want my change as a patch, or whether you've come up with one of
your own. :)

Thanks,

Kyle