[dpdk-dev] ixgbevf: queue start stop functions

Lu, Wenzhuo wenzhuo.lu at intel.com
Wed May 24 03:33:23 CEST 2017

Hi Gregory,

From: Gregory Etelson [mailto:gregory at weka.io]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:13 PM
To: Lu, Wenzhuo
Cc: dev at dpdk.org; Richardson, Bruce; Yigit, Ferruh; Zhang, Qi Z
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] ixgbevf: queue start stop functions

Hello,

I'm working on a procedure that will handle Ethernet link failure over ixgbe VF.

Without queues reset functionality I tried to reset DPDK port with

rte_eth_dev_stop();rte_eth_dev_start() sequence.

My tests show that call to dev_stop can hang a process.

Can you suggest another procedure for VF port reset on link down ?

[Wenzhuo] APP need stop rx/tx before stopping the devices and start rx/tx again after starting the devices. Please reference these 2 functions in testpmd, stop_packet_forwarding and start_packet_forwarding.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gregory