[dpdk-dev] Why DPDK is not using compressed TRIE for LPM6 ?

ankit bhardwaj ankitbhrdwj27 at gmail.com
Thu May 25 08:32:32 CEST 2017

Hello All,

I was doing some experiments related to LPM6 look up and I have added 20K
entries in the table. By looking at the rte_lpm6_lookup() code I found an
opportunity to compress the TRIE and there is a significant improvement
after compression.

Here are my questions:
Q1: Why DPDK is not doing the compression?
Q2. In the worst case the table will behave like an uncompressed TRIE and
in other cases, there is a scope of improvement. Is it worth doing?

 --
Ankit Bhardwaj