[dpdk-dev] Zerocopy RX

Venkatesh N venkatesh.nagaraj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 06:21:36 CET 2017

Hi Everyone,

It's been some time i have been searching for DPDK architecture and
design for better understanding. So, finally i  thought to get
confirmation on my queries.

I am working on a custom hypervisior similar to Qemu in Linux where
VNIC's operate in Para-virtualization like KVM/virtio-net.  To get
better performance i am exploring using DPDK PMD mode driver on HOST
and map the Guest VNIC buffers to PMD driver which can be similar to
Intel-VTD/Dirrect IO, hopefully.

In order to implement can some body point me to some of the code
commits and examples that enables me to achieve zero copy RX

Venky