[dpdk-dev] Fwd: Memory Leak: PCAP TX to File

Stefan Baranoff sbaranoff at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 19:44:58 CEST 2017

All,

I think I've found a (very minor) memory leak in writing to a PCAP file. In
drivers/net/pcap/rte_eth_pcap.c in open_single_tx_pcap around line 405 a
pcap_t is allocated by pcap_open_dead but is never freed.

I see two obvious fixes:
  1) Free the pcap_t immediately after either on pcap_dump_open success or
failure
  2) Set the pcap_t pointer internals->tx_queue[i]->tx->pcap so when the
eth_dev_stop callback happens the pcap_t is freed.

I believe the first is safe but am not a libpcap guru. Can someone please
confirm this?

Thanks,
Stefan